Recipe by Sonali
This recipe is from my mother in law who cooks this well.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Urad dal – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Green chili – 6 silted
Salt & sugar – as per taste
Bottle gourd – 1”
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Dry red chili – 1 / 2
Bay leaf – 1
Oil - 1 tsp
Roasted cumin seed powder – 1 tsp
- Dry roast the dal, wash and keep aside.
- Deskin and cut the bottle gourd into cubes, wash and keep aside.
- Now take a pressure cooker and put the dal in it with 2 cups of water and cook the dal up to 2 whistle.
- After 2 whistle open the pressure cooker and put bottle gourd in it and close the lid of the pressure cooker and wait for 2 more whistle.
- Open the pressure cooker after it cools down.
- Now heat oil in a pan add cumin seed, bay leaf, dry red chili let them pop.
- Now add the dal to it and add salt, sugar, green chilies let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with roasted cumin seed powder, serve hot with rice.
- Optional – you can add fried shrimps to it.