Recipe by Sonali
We Bengali, love to eat steamed food be it fish or paneer. This is yet another recipe from my basket especially for festival days.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 45 min
Mustard paste – 1 tbsp
Poppy seed paste – ½ tbsp.
Green chili paste – as per taste
Salt – as per taste
Mustard oil – 2tbsp
Paneer – 100 gms
- Cut the paneer into small square and soak them in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and marinade the paneer with mustard paste, poppy seed paste, green chili paste, salt, turmeric powder and oil at least for half an hour.
- In a big pan put water for boiling.
- Now transfer the whole paneer margination into a steel tiffin box and close it.
- Now put the tiffin box into boiling water. Water should reach half the height of the tiffin box.
- Steam the paneer for half an hour.
- Serve with plain rice.