Recipe by Sonali
We Bengalis use all the parts of banana plant from leaves, fruit, and blossom to shoot. It's a mild spiced recipe to retain the original flavor of banana blossoms
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Banana blossom – 1
Potato – 1 peeled and cut into small cubes
Gram / channa – 1/3 cup
Green chili paste - 1 tsp
Ginger paste – 1/3 tsp
Cumin seed – 1/3 tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Salt and sugar – as per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Cumin powder – 1/3 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/3 tsp
Ghee - ½ tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Coconut – to garnish
- Soak the gram / channa overnight.
- Clean and boil the banana blossom. Drain the water and squeeze it.
- In the pan heat oil, put cumin seeds & bay leaf let it splutter.
- Now add the potatoes, channa and fry them.
- Add banana blosson, ginger paste, chili paste, turmeric powder, salt sugar fry it for a while then add water and cover it.
- As the water dries up and potatoes softens switch off the oven.
- Now add ghee and garam masala, garnish with grated coconut. Serve hot with rice.