Recipe by Sonali
This is a little sweet recipe made of bottle gourd with a twist by adding mustard powder
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 20 min
Bottle gourd/ lauki – ½
Bay leaf – 1
Mustard powder – 1 tsp
Salt & sugar – as per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Bori - 6
- Peel and finely chop the bottle gourd, wash and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan fry the boris and keep aside.
- Drain excess oil and add mustard seeds, bay leaf let it pop.
- Now add the bottle gourd and cover the pan.
- After 5 minutes Open the lid and add salt, sugar, mustard powder soaked in water and a cup of water.
- Cover the pan and let the vegetable boil.
- After the water dries up garnish it with fried bori and grated coconut.
- Serve it with rice.