Recipe by Sonali
Green leafy vegetables are must have in Indian cuisine, we Bengalis prefer to have saag bhaja(fry) than any other form of preparation.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 20 min
Methi leaves – from 250 gm bunch
Garlic paste – 1tsp
Green chili – 2
Salt – as per taste
Potato – 1 peeled and diced
Tomato – ½ diced
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash the methi leaves thoroughly.
- Now heat oil in a pan, put all the vegetable together with salt and turmeric powder and cover the pan.
- After sometime check whether the water that came out from the leaves have dried or not, if yes then make a little space in the center of the pan and put 1 tsp oil, garlic paste in it.
- Stir and mix the vegetable and cover the pan again for 5 minutes.
- Take it off from the flame and serve it hot with rice.