Recipe by Sonali
A very generic form of curry made of potato and pointed gourd, a good to go recipe in summer days
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Potol / pointed gourd – 4
Potato – 1 peeled and diced
Gingrer paste – ½ tsp
Chili paste - 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 2 tsp
Coriander ppowder – 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Salt & sugar – as per taste
- Peel the pointed gourd and cut them into halves.
- Heat oil in a pan and tamper the cumin seed and bay leaf then add pointed gourd and potato. Cover the pan and fry them.
- Now add ginger paste, chili paste.
- Make a paste of cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, tomato ketchup, salt and water. Add it.
- Fry till oil oozes out.
- Add water and sugar, cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the vegetables boil. Serve it hot with rice/ roti.