Recipe by Sonali
Evening time tea with cake is an awesome combination try this simple cake recipe.
Style: Baking | Cooking time: 45 min
Maida/ all purpose flour – 2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Oil – ¾ cup (sunflower oil)
Eggs – 2
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Tuti fruit – ½ cup
Rum – 1 cup
- Soak the tuti fruit overnight in rum.
- Sieve together maida/ all-purpose flour baking powder and keep it aside.
- Grease and dust the cake tin.
- Beat egg, sugar and oil until soft.
- Add the flour + baking powder and mix well
- Add milk (room temperature), vanilla essence and mix well until creamy consistency.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Centigrade for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle tuti fruit with flour and add it to the cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool it then cut it. Enjoy with you tea.