Recipe by Sonali
Parshe, my favorite fresh water fish cooked in mild spiced tomato gravy. A light flavored recipe to savor in summer. This recipe also goes well with most sweet water fishes.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Parshey fish – 6
Onion – 1 finely chopped (medium size)
Tomato – ½ chopped (small size)
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Chili powder – 1tsp
Green chili – 4 silted
Coriander leaves – 1 strand
Oil – 3 tbsp
Nigella seeds / kalonji – ½ tsp
Salt & sugar – as per taste
- Wash the fishes and rub tem with salt and turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fishes and keep them aside.
- Add kalonji let it pop then add onion and fry it.
- Now add tomato, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chili powder and little water and fry it.
- Now add a cup of water bring it to boil then add the fishes.
- Garnish with silted chilies and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.