Recipe by Sonali
Pabda one of the exquisite fish of Bengal. It is very soft and delicate fish so one must be very careful while cooking it. This recipe can be tried with any cat fish.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 20 min
Pabda fish – 8
Oil – 2 tbsp
Kalonji / nigella seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Coriander leaves – ½ tsp chopped
Green chili – 6 silted
- Wash the fishes, pat it dry and rub with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add nigella seeds / kalonji let it pop.
- Now add the fishes and cover the pan. Wait for a while and turn the fishes.
- Mix turmeric powder, salt, cumin power with ½ cup water and add the mixture to the fish.
- Add green chilies and cover the pan and let it cook.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.