Recipe by Sonali
Fish is integral part of Bengali life and is must have in everyday meal. Here I am sharing a very simple recipe which my mother cooks the best.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Parshe fish – 4
Mustard paste – 2 tsp
Tomato – ½
Salt – as per taste
Oil - 4tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Nigella seed / kalonji – 1 tsp
Ginger paste – ½ tsp
Green chili paste – 1 tsp
Green chili – 2 silted
Coriander leaves -1 strand
- Here I have used readily available mustard powder which was soaked in water for 5 minutes then was used for cooking.
- Wash the fishes, rub them with turmeric powder & salt and keep them aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan fry the fishes and keep them aside.
- In the same oil put nigella seeds let it pop then put ginger paste, mustard paste, turmeric powder, salt, tomato and water. Cover the pan and bring it to boil.
- When the curry starts boiling add fried fishes to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies.
- Serve it hot with rice