Recipe by Sonali
Unique Bengali recipe cooked in banana leaf from where it got its name. Like Malai Curry this is another most loved dish of prawn.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 40 min
Prawn – 10 medium size
Mustard paste – 3 tsp
Poppy seed paste- 2 tsp
Curd – 2-3 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Green chili paste – 1tsp
Green chili – 5 silted
Banana leaf – 1
Lemon juice – 1tsp
Salt – as per taste
Oil – 1tsp for paste, 1cup for deep frying
- Wash and marinade the prawns with salt and lemon juice for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cut the banana leaf into square pieces big enough to make parcel.
- Rub oil on both side of the leaf pieces and lightly burn it on the fire.
- Now make a paste of curd, green chili paste, turmeric powder, poppy seed paste, salt, mustard paste, oil.
- Now make parcels of banana leaf with 2 prawns and 2 tsp of above paste added to it. Tie the parcels with thread.
- Heat oil in a pan enough for deep frying. Fry the parcels gently on low flame and serve hot with rice.