Recipe by Koushik
Traditional tandoori recipe seasoned with Indian herbs like Kasuri Methi. I tried a twist in this recipe which came out simply awesome!!
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 45 min
Chicken whole leg piece – 2
Hung curd – 6 tbsp
Coconut milk concentrate – 4 tbsp
Kasuri metri – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Green chili paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Mustard oil / Ghee – 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Take all marinades in a bowl and whisk well to make a thick marinate paste.
- Wash the chicken legs and pat dry and scratch the chicken with knife so that the spices go inside
- Now place the chicken pieces into the marinate, coat the chicken well and then refrigerate for 1 hour
- Now preheat oven at 200 degree Celsius and put the chicken inside oven after placing it on a griller.
- Grill the chicken 20 mins, 10 mins for each side. Every 5 mins brush oil to the chicken ( optional, health conscious can escape this oil brushing)
- Once the grilling is over, put the oven on convection 200 degree Celsius and cook for 5 mins
- The Tangdi kabab is ready, serve hot garnished with sliced lemon and onion.