Recipe by Koushik
Spicy and succulent fish in Manchurian Gravy to savor your taste buds
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Fish ( sea bass/ basa) – cut in 2 inch stripe
Ginger chopped – 1 tbsp
Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp
Bell pepper – ½ , cut in square shape
Cilantro chopped – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
Red Chili sauce – 2 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Corn starch – 5 tbsp
Onion finely chopped – 4 tbsp
Oil ½ cup for frying
Oil 4 tbsp for cooking
- Mix 4 tbsp corn starch and carbonated water, salt and 1 tsp black pepper powder to prepare a sticky batter
- Heat ½ cup oil in a frying pan and deep fry the fish pieces after evenly coated with batter, discard the excess oil
- Now heat 4 tbsp oil in same pan and sauté chopped ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add soy sauce, red chili paste, vinegar and 1 tsp black pepper powder, sauté for 2 mins
- Mix 1 tbsp corn starch in1 cup water and add it to the pan
- Boil for 5 mins then add the bell pepper, cilantro and fried fish pieces.
- Cook for 5 mins ( the gravy has been thicken by now) and serve hot with fried rice or noodles.