Recipe by Sonali
This is one of the loved dish of Bengal. A thick gravy composed in balanced taste and nicely aromatic, fish curry. It is a must have dish in marriages.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Fish – 2 (pieces)
Onion – 1 (paste)
Tomato – ½ (chopped)
Garlic paste – 1tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Oil – 1tbsp
Raisins – 5-6
- Wash the fishes, pat them dry and rub them with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan fry the fishes and keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds, bay leaf, let them pop.
- Add ½ tsp sugar let it caramelize, then add chopped onion, garlic paste, ginger paste, tomato chopped, fry well till oil oozes out.
- Now add little water then add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, salt & sugar, fried fishes and cover the pan.
- Make a paste of raisins and add it, cook for a while.
- Add garam masala powder, serve hot with rice.