Recipe by Sonali
This is a daily go recipe in a Bengali family with their own version. Try this version of mine with balanced flavors and mild spicy
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 30 min
Rui/ Rohu fish – 2 pieces
Cumin seed – ½ tsp
Cumin powder – 2tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Green Chili paste – as per taste
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Salt – as per taste
Potato – 1 peeled and cut longitudinally
Ridged gourd – 1 peed and chopped
Green chili - 2 silted
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and pat dry the fishes, rub them with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the fished and keep aside.
- Mow discard excess oil and add cumin seeds to it, let it pop
- Add the vegetables and fry it.
- Make a mixture of chili paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powde, saltr with little water and add it to the vegetables.
- Add a cup of water let the vegetables boil.
- Add the fried fishes to it bring whole thing to boil.
- Garnish with silted green chilies and serve hot with rice.