Recipe by Koushik
An exquisite recipe of Bengali cuisine for a special day. This authentic recipe is cooked with mild coconut milk, strong note of mustard paste wrapped inside tender coconut creating an unforgettable taste.
Style: Traditional | Cooking time: 60 min
Tiger Prawn – 6 big ( retain the head and tail portion while washing)
Tender Coconut – 1 ( ask for mild tender)
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Mustard oil – 4 tbsp
Green chili – 2 pc
For Spice Paste
Mustard paste – 3 tsp
Green Chili paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Coconut milk – 5 tsp
- Marinate the washed tiger prawn with salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice for 15 mins
- Mix the spices under spice paste in a bowl to prepare a thick paste
- Cut the upper portion of the coconut to make a round opening of 2 inch diameter. Retain 1/5 of coconut oil and the tented flesh(cream) of the coconut and keep aside
- Now heat oil in a pan and sauté the marinated prawn for 5 mins.
- Lower the heat and add the spice mix, cook for 10 mins on low heat by adding 1/3 cup water
- Now pour the prawns with gravy and 2 green chili inside the tender coconut and microwave the coconut for 7 mins ( alternately can put inside convection oven for 5 mins on 200 degree)
- Serve hot using the tender coconut as serving pot.